Monday, December 1, 2008

Survive Thanksgiving?

Survive Thanksgiving?

Well, it looks like we have survived another Thanksgiving holiday. My sister and her family came over, and it was nice to see everyone.

Of course, that lasted 15 minutes.

My brother in law proceeded to get drunk and sniped at my niece, his daughter, because she’s had issues with anorexia.

When he mentioned having Christmas in the mountains, I piped up and said I only get Christmas Day off and had to put in at least six hours in the day before and after to get holiday pay. He scoffed. It’s true.

I feel sorry for my sister. This isn’t a bad guy, but he is ill-mannered. Seeing him sit at the head of the table where my father should have been was hard.

And the killer - it turns out that Mom still wishes she could go to the Florida retirement community that fired me.

I either need to die or get a new family.

No comments: